9. Test Deliverables
QUALITY deals with the issues of the quality standards to be applied to the testing plan and not to the software being tested. The plan gives the framework for how the system will be evaluated and under what circumstances it will be released.
The 9. Test Deliverables section describes what is produced by the testing process. Suggested paperwork is described in the IEEE 829 Documentation section.
Sample Text for 9. Test Deliverables
The following test documentation will be produced:
- Test Plan - This document deals with what needs to be done in UAT.
- Designs - The UAT Acceptance Criteria.
- Test Cases - The values input and results expected from tests.
- Test Item Transmittal Reports - Developers handover report.
- Test Logs - The results of running the tests.
- Incident Reports - Observations of unexpected results.
- Incident Report Logs - Summary of Incident Reports.
- Test Summary Report - Summary of testing.
- The test data.
Other Articles on QUALITY Sections
- 2. Introduction gives an overview of the QUALITY process.
- 6. Approach gives an overview of the six steps of the testign process approach.
- 7. Item Pass/Fail Criteria gives an overview of how to evaluate the testing data to make a pass/fail decision.
- Basics of Project Plans gives further information on item 2:"Long or Unrealistic Timescales" and item 4:"Scope Creep" as two of the five key characteristics of a project plan and the importance of balancing them.
- Verification and Validation has further information on item 6:"Poor Testing" by explaining what the terms Verification and Validation mean.