Whoever is developing your IT system you will no doubt be using project management principles. The pages in this section deal with key project management issues, including the success and failure of projects and what makes a good project plan.
Project Success and Failure
There is no one feature that makes a project a success or a failure. The following pages offer some insight into some key issues:
- Why Projects Fail - six key issues about why projects fail.
- How Projects Succeed - advice on how to have a successful project.
Successful Project Plans
A successful project inevitably will have had a good project plan at the start. This does not mean that the project followed this plan exactly - this will rarely occur. But it does mean the project manager has knowledge in advance of the likely challenges ahead of them. These pages give some insight into elements that will make a project plan a success:
- Characteristics of Project Plans - the core principles behind a balanced project plan.
- Project Risk Management - what you need to consider to do project risk management.
Project Plans and Testing
- Testing Process - the six steps of the testing process.
- IEEE 829 Test Plans outlines what needs to be included in a test plan to make it a balanced project plan.