This set of articles covers a issues to do with software systems and how they react with the testing activities.
This set of six articles covers the principles to do with lossless and lossy data compression:
- Data Compression is an overview of the two main data compression techniques of lossy and lossless with their comparative advantages and disadvantages.
- Simple Lossless Compression describes the basics for understanding data compression including finding patterns and creating dictionaries using a text based example.
- Complex Lossless Compression part 1 and
- Complex Lossless Compression part 2 cover how to create smaller lossless files, again using the same text example.
- Lossy Compression part 1 and
- Lossy Compression part 2 deal with creating smaller files using the lossy technique resulting in some alterations in the file.
- Understanding Website Statistics explains Pageviews, Bounce Rate and Exit Rate.
- Legacy System Integration - key issues when merging legacy systems from different organisations.
- Document Management Software Definitions - basic guidelines for Document Management Software.
- Why Projects Fail - six key reasons why projects fail.
- Types of Testing - what the V-Model is and the testing steps.