QUALITY deals with the issues of the quality standards to be applied to the testing plan and not to the software being tested. The plan gives the framework for how the system will be evaluated and under what circumstances it will be released.
The 2. Introduction section gives an overview of the QUALITY process. In practise there are four sub-sections:
- 2.1 Background deals with what needs to be considered.
- 2.2 Objectives of the Test Plan deals with the the two types of UAT test plan.
- 2.3 Objectives of UAT deals with what you intend to be the result of doing UAT.
- 2.4 References deals with what need to go in this section.
Other Articles on QUALITY Sections
- 6. Approach gives an overview of the six steps of the testign process approach.
- 7. Item Pass/Fail Criteria gives an overview of how to evaluate the testing data to make a pass/fail decision.
- 9. Test Deliverables describes what is produced by the testing process.
- Basics of Project Plans gives further information on item 2:"Long or Unrealistic Timescales" and item 4:"Scope Creep" as two of the five key characteristics of a project plan and the importance of balancing them.
- Verification and Validation has further information on item 6:"Poor Testing" by explaining what the terms Verification and Validation mean.